Monday, May 17, 2010

Are pokemon cards from 2000 still good today?

I'm considering giving my pokemon collection to my friends little brother and I was wondering if my collection that I had from when the cards first came out, are still popular or useful today. Like can you still battle with the old ones? plz help

Are pokemon cards from 2000 still good today?
That really depends on what you mean if you can play with them. The answer is yes and no. The old cards have definitely demoted, but are still not completely useless. There are three modes of Pokemon: Modified, Limited and Unlimited.





Modified cannot use sets older than EX Ruby and Sapphire, and it is a slight change from Limited, and some of the newer cards are also banned.





Limited is the same, it cannot use sets older than EX Ruby and Sapphire.





Unlimited allows the use of all cards, from Base Set all the way up to EX Dragon Frontiers (the latest set). My deck is Unlimited.





The old cards can still be played in Unlimited, but cannot be used for Tournament play.





If you are wondering why EX Ruby and Sapphire, that's because it's the switch from Wizards to Nintendo. (Nintendo banned the sets before it in Limited and Modified)





I hope that helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment